HI Everyone! It has been a couple weeks since I have written and oh what a couple weeks it has been! I was induced on the morning of July 22nd and Lily Sophia Smith arrived at 1:26 pm. She was 6 lbs 14 oz and 19 inches long. (Aidan was 6 lbs 13 oz and 21 inches) Things moved pretty quickly with labor this time, thank goodness! We are both doing well. Aidan is getting used to having her around. For the most part I would say that he likes her. He wants to help with her and hold her but we are still working on being gentle with her. I don't think he realizes that he can hurt her when he is actually trying to help or be nice.
We have been having some house issues which have put a damper on the fun of moving in and adding to the stress of a new baby. The first night we stayed here it was raining very hard and we had water coming in the well pipe (from what I understand) and it was flowing through our basement! Then as time went on throughout the next week or so our water pressure was slowly getting worse (and wasn't good to being with) until it completely disappeared by the Wednesday that I went into the hospital. It was to the point of not being able to take a shower. During that weekend we had to have a guy come and replace the well pump. By the time we thought everything was going to be fixed we found out that we have a very shallow well and that it is a "dry well". We currently have running water and are able to live with it for now. We have to decide if we are going to drill a new well or not at this point. We are able to function on a daily basis with the well as it is now but we have to schedule out when we are going to do things (shower, do laundry or dishes, etc) because we can't do a few things in a row or we will empty the well. I told Brad that we can "go green" throughout this whole thing since we are conserving water! The neighbors have been great about things and have said that we can use their hose to fill up Aidan's swimming pool if we need to and they helped us with water when they were fixing the well.
Beyond the water issues, the house has been good. We have the necessities moved in and put in their place. The biggest part of that was done by the time I went into the hospital. I wanted to try to get as much done as we could before the baby arrived so we didn't have to deal with it and the baby. I am really glad we did since the kids are taking up most of my time right now. I am nursing Lily and she wants to eat all the time!! Aidan is being helpful by playing on his own alot but is two so I can't trust him completely!
We decided to get out and have some fun last night. We went to Knoebels so Aidan could have some fun. We went with our friends Stan, Marisa and Anna. He is in the house alot with us because Lily can't be out as much as he can so we wanted to get him out and have some fun. He had a great time and liked all the rides. He talked about the train on the way home until he fell asleep and when he woke up this morning it was the first thing he talked about! The people scream when the train goes through the tunnel and he kept telling us last night that the "tunnel was too loud"!
Here are a few pictures from the last couple weeks:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Glad you found time to update :) I hope things are continuing to look up with the house; it's a really nice place. Glad we were able to visit last weekend.
Nice pictures! I love the one of Lily in the little outfit with the green frogs on it. She is sooooo adorable!
Post a Comment