Tuesday, July 21, 2009

39 Week Visit

I can't believe that I was writing about my 39 week visit. I had said a few times that I really didn't think that I would make it close to the end with her and here we are! And I think she would be fine to stay in there longer if they weren't inducing tomorrow! Tomorrow will only be 5 days before my due date.

At my visit my blood pressure was still higher, 130/100, but the doctor said that I have shown that if I get off my feet and don't do anything that it will come down so those are my orders for the rest of the day. So far I am trying to follow them. I know as the day goes on I will probably think of a few things that I want to do before being away from the house for a couple days but I will do my best to follow my orders, it isn't worth getting my blood pressure up over household things.

He said that I am dilated about 3 cm, 80% efface and she is in the -3 position. He said that those are good numbers to go into tomorrow's induction with so that was a positive thing.

My parents are coming in tonight and will be helping with Aidan and coming to the hospital when things get moving more consistently. I doubt things will happen too quickly so I figure that they can get some sleep before coming to see us. We have to be there at 6:30AM. Plus I am sure the hospital is not going to be a good place for Aidan to be spending the better part of his day! I think him and Grandpa will be able to find some things to do to keep busy! Too bad it looks like it will be a rainy day though. I just wonder how he is going to react to all of this. I hope he likes her! We will see tomorrow I guess!

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Good luck!! I can't wait to meet her!

Kristin said...

I just read this today...so there might even be a baby at this point. I hope all goes well, and I'm thinking about you!