Thursday, January 28, 2010

Homemade Baby Food

Brad and I have been making the majority of Lily's baby food. We have been able to save by doing this so I thought I would share the books we have been using. Especially if we can find a good deal on something...like we did with the sweet potatoes around Thanksgiving at $.49/lb. We bought two and they made 28 ice cube size portions and a few small jars. A better deal then the $.48 a jar at the store! We still buy some at the grocery store if we want to try something out before buying the items to make our own or if we get to Big Lots. We were able to get a good deal there this week since the stage 2 jars were $.25 and $.30 and we had 20% off making them 2o and 24 cents! That will give us a little stock pile for traveling and for when/if we are running low on homemade stuff.

Here are the books:
1. Top 100 Baby Purees by Annabel Karmel
2. First Meals by Annabel Karmel
3. The Everything Cooking for Baby and Toddler Book by Shana Priwer and Cynthia Phillips
4. The Sneaky Chef by Missy Chase Lapine (This one uses purees in foods for toddlers so they don't know they are eating things that are actually good for them! I want to try some with Aidan since he is so picky...I wonder where he gets that...maybe his mother?!?!?)

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Nice!! Looks like a great way to save some $. I always meant to try making some babyfood but never did. Maybe next time around...
I will have to keep in mind the puree book for Toddlers though in case Annalise stops eating her fruits and veggies!