Saturday, September 26, 2009

Some Pictures of the House

I took a few pictures of the house last week so I thought I would put them on to show what we did to the kid's rooms. Lily's room was white and very aqua blue with dolphin border when we moved in and Aidan's was wood paneling. I think hers turned out well but I love the way Aidan's room turned out. We don't have much on the walls yet. I have some things to put up but a little part of me is having trouble with putting holes in the wall since it looks nice with a fresh coat of paint! We are still looking for the right curtains for Lily's room too, I haven't found anything I like yet.

Last weekend we painted our mudroom a tan color. It was light yellow. I really like the way it turned out too. I will have to take pictures of it next to post. Now we have moved onto the dining room this week. Brad has off this coming week due to the Bloomsburg Fair so we have started taking the wall paper off and will fix the walls and paint this week. We haven't decided on colors yet. We need to go to Home Depot and/or Lowes to look at them. We are thinking grays or greens. If you look at the background of the video of Aidan singing that I posted on Friday you can see the "lovely" wallpaper that was there! It may turn out to be more work then we thought it would be but I think it will be well worth it when it is done. Pictures of that in the future too.
Lily's Room



We painted the walls cream with green trim. The picture below is how it was painted when we bought the house!

This picture is how Aidan's room looked at first. The picture was taken when we were still looking at the house before they had moved out so his son's stuff was still there.


This is how it looks now. We used the same colors as Lily's room but his walls are green and the trim is cream.


Here are pictures of the upstairs bathroom. We didn't make any changes to this room. Just hanging pictures that we had in the apartment. It was a good thing that the colors of our new bathroom are similar to the apartment so things matched.




1 comment:

Marisa said...

Wow! I never saw the house before you guys started painting. What a difference! Looks great!