Saturday, February 14, 2009

It is a Girl!...maybe

Most of you already know that I am pregnant, but if not, surprise! We are due on July 27th! We had an ultrasound on Thursday and the doctor THINKS that it is a girl. He thought girl first but then when we moved the ultrasound a little it looked like it could be a boy. But he showed us three little lines between the legs of the baby and said that they usually mean that it is a girl. Since he saw the lines, he is saying a girl. If anyone else has been told this for a girl, let me know! SO, on our ultrasound picture we have "girl?" written on it. He said that we can come back with the picture and yell at him later if it turns out to be a boy next month when we go to our anatomy ultrasound at the hospital. I am not going to buy any girl things until I see what the person says next month, plus I will be at 20 weeks and it will probably be easier to tell at that point. I will let you know what happens at our March appointment!


I have been tired alot but feeling well overall. The morning sickness only lasted about a month so I consider myself lucky. My first big craving was for bbq potato chips with dip and then it turned to sour patch kids! Two very opposite things, I guess it was the sweet and salty tastes.


We are hoping that Aidan takes it okay when the baby arrives. He likes other people's babies as long as we are not holding them so I am guessing that he isn't going to do well with it!! I know it is a hard concept for a toddler to understand. If anyone has advice on how they prepared their first born for a sibling, I am listening.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

A girl...yea! I'm already excited for you, so that Dr. better not let me down! Such great news. Glad you're all doing well. No tips on the sibling thing...I'm hoping you'll have some when the time comes for us :)

Kristin said...

Where are the pictures of your baby bump? :)

Anonymous said...

She probably needs my help to scan the picture!