Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Rainbow Rice

This morning I made some rainbow rice for Aidan to play with. I found it on a blog called Two Little Seeds. If you click on the blog name it will take to her post about it. You just mix white rice, food coloring and some hand sanitizer in a bag and then dry. Aidan really enjoyed playing with it and so did Lily but she makes more of a mess! I am sure some of you are cringing at the idea of the mess it could make but I figure that a few sweeps of the broom will be worth Aidan being busy for awhile. I am not sure if Brad will feel the same when he sees it!! We added some measuring cups and cars for fun. Two dollars well spent I guess (one for a bag of rice and one for the set of measuring cups at the Dollar Tree).

Our rainbow rice


Lily enjoying the rice first.

She liked putting her hands in it. But then she liked dropping it on the floor!



Aidan was very serious about getting it from one spoon to the other.

We added some cars for more fun!

Having fun with the measuring cups.


No comments: