I found this recipe for cream of chicken soup (http://www.tammysrecipes.com/homemade_cream_chicken_soup) and made it today. It turned out well and I will definitely do it again. We went shopping this week at Giant and got a buy one get one free deal on chicken so today was "cooking/freezing day" for me. I had about 10 lbs of chicken and I made 6 meals out of the chicken (one for lunch today, bbq chicken, plain chicken, and 3 bags of cooked and shredded chicken ready for casseroles/soups). Then with the broth I was able to make 4 cans worth of the cream of chicken soup and two containers of roux for casseroles/crock pot meals. So this morning was very productive and I was able to make use of everything.
I admit that I am not the most domestic person but I am trying and learning. With staying home with the kids I have to save money where I can and buying with deals like this help and now that I have the cream soup recipe it will help too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Sounds like a productive morning...and with the result of some yummy meals to go with it! Can't beat days like that!
One other thing I just thought of...and maybe you already have one....but we have a "Seal a Meal" thing that works really well for freezing foods when I do my "cook ahead" stuff. I have been really amazed at how nicely everything freezes in them and it cuts down on use of freezer space because you don't have all the bulky containers. Maybe something to add to your Christmas wish list if you don't already have one! I sure love mine, makes meal planning sooo easy!
Post a Comment